Cheesecake in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker?? YES!! And it is super, super easy!!
In November I got this magic pot (That’s what the kids call it) called an Instant Pot! It is a programmable pressure cooker. This thing isn’t your grandma’s pressure cooker. It is so much more than a pressure cooker. It can sauté, steam, slow cook, cook rice and (the Duo version) makes yogurt. As you will see in a few minutes it can also “bake” with pressure!
This is the exact way to make the cheesecakes. I have not failed a single one yet. I have made a total of 8 since November! This is the basic recipe. You can add flavor like lemon or chocolate to this recipe and change it up a bit! I even swirled blueberry pie filling in one and it came out great!
You will need a 7 inch springform pan to make this cheesecake! I recommend the Nordic Ware 7 inch springform, but any brand will work. This cheesecake has been made with a slightly larger springform pan and a 6 inch, but your results will vary.
1/2 cup crushed cookies or graham crackers, about 6 cookies
2 tablespoons butter melted
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature!! (Important!!)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 eggs, room temperature (Important!!)
1) Grease cheesecake pan with butter. I spray with cooking spray also. I make sure the butter is mashed into the cracks. This keeps it from leaking.
2) Crush cookies finely and add melted butter. Mash into bottom of cheesecake pan and put in refrigerator until butter firms up. Approximately 5 minutes.
3) Mix together everything but the eggs. Once mixed add egg one at a time. Do not over mix!
4) Add mixture to cheesecake pan and lift pan and tap gently on the counter to get the air bubbles to come to the surface.
5) Make a foil sling. Fold approximately 2 feet of foil lengthwise to make a sling to lower and raise your cake out of the pot.
6) add one cup of water to instant pot. Add metal rack that came with the Instant Pot.
7) lower cheesecake into pot using the foil sling you just made.
8) fold sling inward to make and “A” shape or teepee. Leave it that way.
9) put instant pot lid on and lock in place.
10) press MANUAL 30 min.
11) IP will come to pressure and count down when pressurized.
12) When unit beeps that it is done allow the time to count up to 10. This is a natural release of pressure. Once it reaches 10 release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting”.
13) Immediately remove the cheesecake using the foil sling and set on cooling rack.
14) using a paper towel, dab the corners of the paper towel along the top of the cake and the bottom of the outside of the pan to soak up as much water as possible.
15) WALK AWAY!! LOL. Leave the cake to cool to room temp for two hours. Don’t mess with it.
16) At this time put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours. If you can wait that long. I like to leave the edge of the springform on until I am ready to serve the cheesecake.